Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mocktail Month: Mocha-fucca-chino

Remember how we talked about coffee-based cocktails? And I mentioned how I had a couple of ideas in the works? Well: here's a trial run. A good one, too!

Granted, it's no Five Watt Coffee, but baby steps...

5 oz cold-press coffee (a medium-dark roast* made with a 5:1 water-to-coffee ratio; )
2 oz hazelnut milk (I'll have to try making my own sometime soon)
3/4 oz lemon/orange oleo-saccharum**
4-5 dashes Angostura bitters

Shake like crazy to combine (necessary to get the hazelnut milk suspended; otherwise it can be a bit grainy) and pour unstrained into your glass of choice. Or, whatever, you could strain it over fresh ice, but you only need to if the little ice chips bother you.

* I can't quite remember, but I think it was a Kickapoo blend, maybe Driftless Dark? The flavor profile sounds about right.

** Full disclosure: I also initially tried a version with blackberry shrub instead, and... no. Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment