Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mystery Cocktail

Christ - I was right.

This morning, I staggered into the kitchen, opened the fridge, and found a liter bottle of bottled cocktail that I have absolutely no recollection of making. I remember assembling a couple of sangrias, and straining off a homemade apricot liqueur (why I chose to do these things when I was already fairly drunk is a fair question) but this stuff basically just materialized. It must have been created around the same time as the others, when I had all of my tools out. Either that, or I mixed a drink in my sleep. What the fuck, man?

It goes without saying that I have no idea at all what went into this bottle. The end product is pretty tasty, but it's going to take much more than the normal reconstruction this time. I'm not one to waste perfectly good booze, so I've set myself the task of picking apart the constituent ingredients by drinking the entire thing. I think that there's gin, rum, and sherry involved. If I can figure it out, I'll append a further update here.

Many people are familiar (often from college days) of passing out, and finding in the morning that every last drop of booze in the house is gone. Around here, it looks like we have the opposite problem. We've hit a critical mass, people - the liquor is multiplying! SOON WE ALL DROWN IN WHISKEY. What have I unleashed?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment