Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Burgundy Sour

I love it when a cocktail idea turns out so much better than I had anticipated.

1 1/2 oz Rogue Pink Spruce Gin*
1/2 oz ruby port (I use Graham's "Six Grapes", which is wonderfully lush)
1/2 oz blackberry syrup (or grenadine, so long as it's homemade)
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice

Shake and strain into a small cocktail glass; garnish with a lemon twist if you like.

This is basically a gin variation on the New York Sour, with a bold flavor and full texture.  The name was natural given its color and richness.

*I hate to be a dick and insist upon a bizarre, small-batch, impossible-to-find brand, but there you have it.  Trust me, the botanicals in this one are just perfect for the recipe.  It's a very odd gin, one worth tracking down if just to try something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment