Friday, February 21, 2014

House of Gin Old-Fashioned (#2)

My recent foray into reviewing weird gins made me realize that I had (gasp!) only one partially-emptied bottle of Tanqueray Malacca.  I quickly remedied the situation, which also gave me an excuse to splash that open bottle around.  One astonishingly simple combination caught my notice - I'm amazed that I didn't stumble upon it already.  Yet it's so damned tasty that I feel it's earned a spot as my second House Old-Fashioned.

2 oz Tanqueray Malacca
1/4 oz thyme syrup
4 dashes Angostura bitters (try other aromatic bitters at your discretion)

Build in an old-fashioned glass over a large ice cube.  Garnish?!?  Hah!  Try a lemon peel if you must.

Thyme syrup, man.  I think we have a trend here.  I might try this with a bit of dry vermouth once the weather warms.

No comments:

Post a Comment